The Winter Celebration for Volunteers
Wednesday, January 16, 2019
at the Tewksbury Senior Center,
175 Chandler Street, Tewksbury
from 6 PM to 8 PM
As in the past, the event will be pot-luck. So bring something scrumptious from your holiday repertoire of goodies: appetizers, main dishes, desserts… whatever you’d like to bring. The POFP will supply paper goods and beverages, but WINE is always welcome.
Sign up here or at the workshop. Indicate the kind of dish you are bringing: appetizer, side dish, main dish, dessert, or other.
In addition to great food and beverages, games, prizes, stunning decorations, and much laughter, recognition will be given to those volunteers who have gone above and beyond the call of duty.
As we did at the Volunteer Appreciation Brunch in June, we are also planning to collect items to benefit 2 non-profit charities.
A “safe house” shelter for battered women and their children. Items they desperately need include:
- Diapers (lots)
- Women’s hygiene items
- Sunglasses and hats for kids
- Clothes – kids’ and women’s
- Toothbrushes and toothpaste for kids and adults
- Winter wear
- Dry shampoo
- Gift cards – Burger King, Dunkin Donuts, McDonald’s, Market Basket, etc
- Children’s toys on Amazon. Here’s a link to Amazon, to give you some ideas for children’s toys and other items.
Please Note: When you make your purchases on Amazon Smile, a portion of the purchase price goes to The Power of Flowers Project, too.
Big Hair Animal Rescue
(http://www.bighairanimalrescue.com/) Their needs include:
- Small animal toys
- Small leashes
- Cat food
- Pet Smart gift cards
- Monetary donations for medical costs. Big Hair pays the medical costs of the dogs and cats they place in foster homes. You can make donations through their Go Fund Me Page.
You can drop off items at the Workshop through January 15th or bring them to the Winter Celebration. Please indicate whether the item you bring is for the Women’s Shelter or the Animal Rescue.
Your generosity means a lot to these organizations; however, you are not expected to donate to both. You can choose one or the other. And remember, you are not obligated to donate at all.
The Holiday Party is a great way for The POFP volunteers to socialize and catch up with other volunteers. And to have Fun! We are looking forward to seeing you on the 16th!