There?s a new and growing trend in industries and businesses. Companies are adopting practices with the aim of producing ?zero waste?. They?ve determined that it?s good for their company, their communities, Mother Earth and even their bottom lines.
Wikipedia defines ?zero waste? as follows: ?Zero Waste is a goal that is ethical, economical, efficient and visionary, to guide people in changing their lifestyles and practices to emulate sustainable?natural cycles, where all discarded materials are designed to become resources for others to use.?
We at the Power of Flowers Project have long made recycling and re-purposing practices part of our every day operations. It?s what keeps us going.
* On a daily basis, we rescue and re-purpose flowers and greenery. Through donations of flowers from nurseries, galas, weddings, memorial services and more, we keep slightly used flowers from entering the landfills before their time. We break down the arrangements and create our signature tabletop bouquets and donate them to nursing homes, assisted living homes, meals on wheels and others in need of a spirit lift – free of charge.
* The cups that we use are biodegradable (capable of decaying through the action of living organisms) – so that we aren?t contributing to bad landfill fill.
* Our Volunteers become aware of our efforts and can translate some of the ideas into their own lives.
* Our conscientiousness level is heightened – so we are always looking for ways to save and enhance our efforts.
With annual EARTH DAY – April 22, 2017?approaching – ?what are?YOU doing to help your little corner of the world? Check out the many resources on the Internet – ideas abound!
Have we piqued your interest? There are ways that YOU can help, by helping US.
* Donate your flowers from a wedding or other event (Check it out?HERE)
* Donate your time as a Volunteer (Check it out HERE)
* Donate funds to help keep us operational (Check it out HERE)
* Set up the Power of Flowers Project as your charity of choice on Amazon Smile (Check it out HERE)
*To purchase vases, urns, containers – please contact Barbara B via the workshop – 978-226-8545
* Join us in our fundraising events (Check it out HERE)
Check us out and see – We think you?ll like us! And help Mother Earth?in the process!
….Making a difference, one flower at a time….